Your kids are not always happy to run in the bath? Perhaps this will change when you show these smart spring rabbits in action. In addition to the beautiful colors, the bombs interestingly dissolve in the bathroom, and the essential oils that you add to them add useful properties to the bathing process. And so, what is needed to make a bomblet for a bath for the children with their own hands.
Bombs for a bath with their own hands
- 1 cup * of baking soda
- ½ cup of citric acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. – English salt
- 2 tsp. – sweet almond oil
- ¾ tsp – water
- 15-20 drops – essential oil of lemon or lavender
- Food colorings
How to make a bath bomb:
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients — baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix almond oil, water, essential oil, and food coloring.
- Pour the oils with water into the dry mixture and whisk until a homogeneous mixture.
If the mixture does not have enough water, use the water from the spray bottle and lightly spray the mixture until it reaches the desired consistency. Do not add too much water, otherwise the mixture will sizzle ahead of time. Take a handful of the mixture in hand, if it holds the form, the mixture is ready.
- Hands fill your molds, mix the mixture as tightly as possible.
- Let the bombs freeze in forms. It is recommended to remove them from the mold after 10-12 hours.
Bath bombs at home
As a result, you get the original, beautiful and fragrant bombs that will benefit the skin of your child. Do not forget that any essential oil has its own contraindications, and therefore choose the one for which your child will not be allergic. Read more about the properties of essential oils in the article: Properties of essential oils.
The recipe was found on the English-language website: http://apumpkinandaprincess.com/2015/04/diy-bunny-bath-bombs.html and translated 🙂
* refers to an American cup equal to 240 ml.