Experienced soap traps are already well aware of how glycerin soap differs from ordinary soap, and what it is glycerin soap. Such a soap can be made from a glycerin transparent soap base, or you can make it yourself from scratch.
Recall that the composition of glycerin soap brewed from scratch in a hot way, includes base oils, stearic acid and alkali with water on a soap calculator. Transparency of the soap will give sugar, alcohol and, of course, glycerin, which is permissible to add up to 100% of the volume of oils. The more glycerin, the more transparent the soap comes out.
What are the properties of glycerin soap, what are the benefits and harm (if any). Rather, the glycerin soap has more advantages. Glycerin promotes deep penetration of nutrients into the skin, and thus enhances their action. Penetrating deep into the skin, he moisturizes it from the inside. Thus, the skin becomes elastic, wrinkles are tightened. This soap is suitable for dry skin of hands, as well as for dried skin on elbows, knees and heels.
By cons of glycerin can be attributed to him not natural, it is a chemical substance. Experts advise strongly not to abuse glycerin soap for the face, because soap can form a thin film, which leads to clogged pores.
Some skilled workers prepare glycerin soap without alcohol. Why is this soap useful? They say that it dries the skin less and less expensive. Alcohol is easier to achieve transparency, so we will prepare glycerin soap with alcohol in a hot way.
Glycerin Soap Recipe
- 150 g – palm oil
- 105 g – coconut oil
- 100 g – castor oil
- 90 g – olive oil (20 g of them are baked)
- 25 g – stearic acid
- 69.33 g – alkali NaOH
- 144.2 g – water (ice)
- 157.5 g – alcohol
- 67.5 g – glycerin
- 112.5 g – powdered sugar (sugar, broken in a coffee grinder)
- 45 g – water
Dye and fragrances optional, at the very end.
Auxiliary equipment and tools for handmade soap:
- pots or pots for the water bath
- Microwave Cookware
- spoons with a long handle
- a weak solution of acetic acid or lemon, for the neutralization of alkali, trapped on the skin
- bottle of alcohol with a spray
- baking taps, or for soap for cutting 1 kg
Glycerin soap from scratch
- We will prepare the free space for creativity, put up all the bubbles and accessories, open the window to air, close the door from unexpected visitors, protect eyes with glasses, put on a respirator and gloves.
- Measure out all liquid and solid oils. We divide olive oil into 70 g and 20 g. We combine all solid, liquid oils and 70 g of olive oil in the same container and send them to melt in a microwaves.
- Alkali weighed, observing safety.
- Weigh the water in a deep glass or a jar with a wide neck.
- Carefully pour the alkali into the icy water, as a result of the reaction, heat is released, leave the alkaline solution to cool slightly.
- Cooled oils and alkali are combined in a larger capacity for a water bath. First, pour the oil, and already in the oil through a sieve pour the alkaline solution and mix.
- Turn on the blender and begin to beat, with this set of oils, the trace appears in the first minute.
- We put the dishes with the future soap in a water bath for about 40 minutes, under a closed lid so that the water does not evaporate.
- We are waiting for the appearance and passage of the gel stage, occasionally stirring the soap mass.
- At this time, we weigh the water and powdered sugar.
- Boil the syrup to dissolve the powdered sugar, it will happen quickly.
- Weigh the alcohol, glycerin and stearic acid. Stearin is diluted in glycerin.
- Once again we are convinced that the soap has passed the gel stage, set the minimum fire and pour in 3/4 of the alcohol. In contact with hot soap, alcohol begins to boil, so it is better to cover the mass for 5 minutes with a lid.
- Open the lid and pour in the sugar syrup. The lumps that appeared after the alcohol dissolve instantly.
- Pour in glycerin and alcohol residue, mix and cover with a lid.
- After 10 minutes add boil, olive oil.
- Spray the emerging foam with alcohol and mix without removing from the heat.
- After 2-3 minutes, open the lid, and if the foam reappears, pshikat alcohol, and so until the foam disappears.
- Divide the soap into 2 parts and add to each dye and flavors to choose from.
- Pour into molds, pre-treat them with alcohol.
- The appeared air bubbles in the filled in soap basis too we spray with alcohol.
- We leave to freeze the soap for a day.
- We extract the frozen soap from the molds and admire the transparent multi-colored soap with our own hands.
For the idea of glycerin soap, master class and photo thanks http://ominchukova.narod.ru/index/0-23.
For those who did not dare to prepare glycerin soap from scratch, we present a recipe for making multicolored glycerin soap from the base.
Glycerin soap from the base
- Take 100 g of a piece of transparent soap base and cut into cubes.
- Melt the base in the microwave.
- Add 2-3 drops of dye, a couple of drops of your favorite fragrance.
- Let’s sprinkle the mold with alcohol, pour the soap base into the mold. Spray some more alcohol.
- Leave for an hour to harden.
- Remove the frozen transparent soap from the mold.
An important rule: glycerin soap can not be put in the refrigerator for the fastest hardening, because of this it becomes cloudy.
Glycerin soap do it yourself
Glycerin soap has mostly positive reviews. The use of glycerol has a beneficial effect on the skin and hair. Using glycerin in conjunction with base oils and other auxiliary components can be made glycerin soap:
- for hair
- for face
- For shower
In the future we will take a closer look at the recipes of such soap and share with you the result.