Another original and very simple recipe for soap from the base with the addition of natural ingredients such as peel and poppy seeds. As a result, you get a fragrant and very beautiful soap. And we like it first of all because of its simplicity. Well, let’s make another masterpiece in 10 minutes?
- 100 grams – English soap base on the basis of goat milk
- ½ grapefruit, or rather its grated zest
- ½ tsp poppy seed
- 5 drops – grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop – mint essential oil
Step-by-step recipe for grapefruit soap from the base:
- Cut the measured goat milk base into ½ – 1 cm cubes.
- Prepare the grapefruit zest. Grate it on a fine grater and let it dry a little.
- Now melt the soap base in the microwave or use a water bath. It is very important not to bring the base to a boil, otherwise there will be bubbles in the soap, from which it will be impossible to get rid of.
- In the melted base, add the zest and poppy seeds, mix thoroughly, evenly distributing the ingredients on the base.
- Now you can add essential oils, first add the essential oil of mint, and after the grapefruit.
- Pour your soap from the base into a mold, sprinkle with alcohol, and allow to cool from 1 to 2 hours. As soon as the soap hardens, you can get out of shape.
The aroma of this soap is very fresh due to the combination of essential oils of mint and grapefruit, and in general, the soap from the base with grapefruit peel and poppy seeds will have the properties of scrub. Thanks to the use of a goat milk based soap base, your skin will be moisturized. But the soap due to the use of fresh peel will not be stored as long as the other, but the essential oils and glycerin at the base will give a small preservative effect. In any case, remember that it is better to use it immediately.
And here is another recipe for grapefruit soap: Grapefruit soap with pink Himalayan salt.
This recipe was translated from this American blog.