The original coconut soap with a high content of coconut oil has undeniable useful properties, perfectly foams, cares for the skin and does not clog pores. Add coconut oil to the laundry soap, solid shampoos, to the soap base and to the coconut soap from scratch, which we will prepare this time in a cold way.
Handmade Coconut Soap
The number of ingredients laid is calculated on ≈1.5 kg of finished soap. If this is a lot for you, reduce the number of components, and recalculate using a soap calculator.
- 380 g – coconut oil
- 199 g – olive oil
- 170 g – rapeseed oil
- 170 g – soybean oil
- 113 g – almond seed oil
- 28 g – beeswax
- 2-3 tablespoons – honey (liquid)
- 147.2 g – alkali
- 349.8 g – water (very cold)
Inventory for making coconut soap from scratch in a cold way:
- heat resistant dishes for microwave or water bath
- measuring glasses
- spoons or mixers with a long handle
- a weak solution of lemon or acetic acid (to neutralize alkali that has fallen on the skin)
- safety glasses with clear glass
- form for soap for cutting or portioned soap, with a total volume of 1500 grams of finished soap
Recipe for coconut soap from scratch cold
- We release the working space, open the window for airing, close the door to the creative workshop (kitchen) and put on the table the ingredients, inventory and recipe-cheat sheet with the exact weight of the components.
- We put on glasses and a respirator on the face; we protect the pens with gloves and long-sleeved clothing.
- We measure all the oils, put them in the same container and send them to heat up.
- We weigh beeswax and melt in a small container.
- Pour the liquid beeswax into the melted butter, mix well, set aside for a while to cool in a bowl with high sides.
- Carefully pouring, we weigh the alkali on a soap calculator.
- Measure out the right amount of ice water in the tank at least 0.5 liters.
- We pour the alkali, gradually, in cold water. Alkaline reaction begins with the release of heat, set aside the solution to cool to a temperature of less than 40 degrees Celsius.
- Thermometer measure the temperature of the oils and alkaline solution.
- When the difference is not large, within 5-10 degrees Celsius, gently pour water with alkali through a strainer into a high dish with oils and mix.
- We lower the immersion blender and start beating until a trace appears.
- Add the melted honey, quickly stir and pour over the tins. Soap mass with honey quickly hardens.
- Leave for a few hours in a warm place to go through the gel stage.
- We cut the sub-cured soap from a large form into small pieces, take a portion of the soap from the molds.
Wrap in film and leave to ripen 4-6 weeks
The result is a wonderful soap, with a full range of useful properties, its constituent oils, honey and beeswax. The soap is wonderful foams, moisturizes the skin, heals micro-cracks and is completely natural.
Well, in the meantime, the soap will ripen from scratch, you can prepare coconut soap from the base according to the classic recipe, adding half a teaspoon of coconut oil to 100 grams of melted soap base, and powder all this magnificence with 2 teaspoons of coconut chips. Coconut soap poured into the form with your own hands will be ready in an hour and also have a scrubbing effect.
Soap for hair
With the use of coconut oil is made not only toilet soap for hands and body. Coconut soap for washing clothes has excellent foaming properties even in very hard water. Coconut oil, as a part of detergents, adds hardness to a soap piece. Solid soap is more economical, and air bubbles of foam at the micro level penetrate between the fibers of the fabric, freeing them from pollution.
Coconut shampoo soap is very useful for hair, especially dry, nourishing and magical shine. The recipe for a solid coconut shampoo from scratch in a hot way is already on our site with our own hands.