Our team really likes soap recipes with the addition of citrus essential oils or natural additives in the form of a zest for flavor, and also for not needing to add dyes. In a white base, you get a very delicate yellow color, with light orange blotches, if you add zest, as in our case.
Lemon soap do it yourself
- 100 grams of soap base, we have English base Crystal Shea
- 4-6 drops of lemon essential oil
- ½ – 1 tbsp. Spoons – dried lemon peel (depending on the desired scrubbing effect)
Lemon Soap Recipe
- Cut the base into cubes and melt it in a microwave or in a water bath (do not bring it to a boil).
- Add lemon zest and mix well. But do not do it too intensively, so that bubbles do not appear.
- Add essential oil to the base and mix again.
- Pour the mass in the mold and let it cool.
- Take out the frozen soap from the base, and you can use the new masterpiece!
Lemon soap from the base
Soap is obtained with a slight scrubbing effect and a softening effect for the skin due to shea butter at the base. In spite of the fact that we used dried zest, mold may appear after a while, therefore it is not worth keeping it for a long time, it is better to use right away!
In this recipe, very successfully applied the properties of a natural dye – lemon peel, more about other natural dyes, what color dyes in what color you can read in our article – Natural dyes.