In this workshop, we will look at a simple, cool recipe for soap making and prepare a lemon soap with your own hands. Bright lemon color with a crisp citrus scent always uplifting. Sure that homemade lemon soap, which includes alkali and natural oils, highlighted by the cheerful aroma of lemon fragrance, will please you. The soap according to this recipe has remarkable characteristics, it foams well, cares carefully, is responsible for the regeneration of the skin and smells excellent. Our lemon alkaline soap is not a laundry soap, the recipe of which has been known for many years, it is a modern handmade cosmetic.
A recipe for making lemon soap from scratch
Lemon soap from scratch, requires a little more time and attention than making a similar little bar with your own hands from baby soap, and even more so than lemon soap from the base. In this natural soap from scratch there is alkali, but you should not be afraid of it. If you follow the safety instructions and step-by-step instructions, a positive result is inevitable.
- 47 g – alkali
- 112 g – water (ice)
- 74 g – coconut oil
- 133 g – olive oil
- 133 g – palm oil
- 5-10 drops – liquid yellow pigment
- 5-10 drops – lemon flavor
Lemon soap recipe from scratch:
- We will prepare all the ingredients and auxiliary tools: scales, dishes for mixing components, a blender, stirring sticks, a spoon with a long handle, a small strainer, a thermometer, and a 500 gram soap dish, and for convenience we also write out all the ingredients and their weight.
- Observing safety precautions, freeing the working space, closing the door from the “Skoda” animals, opening the window for airing, closing the face with a respirator, eyes with safety glasses, putting gloves on the handles.
- Weigh 112 grams of ice water in a glass.
- Carefully open the alkali and weigh 47 grams.
- Gently pour the alkali into a glass with cold water, and mix it with a wooden stick. In the process of alkaline reaction, heat will be released, the liquid will become hot, therefore we will set aside time for a glass.
- In a container for the microwave oven spread spoon with 74 grams of coconut oil, 133 grams of palm and pour in 133 grams of olive oil. A mixture of three oils for 30 seconds, send in the microwave to warm up and melt.
- We measure the temperature of oils and alkaline solution with a thermometer; for further work, the temperature of oils and alkaline solution should not exceed 30-40 degrees Celsius and should not differ by 10 degrees from each other.
- Pour the alkaline solution through a sieve (to avoid ingress of undissolved alkali) in the oil and mix it with a little spoon.
- We lower the blender and begin to beat the future lemon soap from scratch to get a trace. In the combination of such oils, a trace appears within 5-10 minutes.
- It’s time to saturate the soap from scratch with a bright yellow color. To do this, add 5 drops of yellow liquid stable pigment, mix well with a wooden stirrer. If necessary, add a few more droplets to achieve the desired shade.
- In the last step, add 5-10 drops of lemon flavor or 5 drops of lemon essential oil and mix again.
- We spread the handmade lemon soap in a 500 gram mold, tapping well on the walls and the bottom to release air bubbles. The surface of the soap can be smoothed smoothly, or zigzag movements to beat light curls.
- Wrap the soap in the form of cellophane, put in a warm place and leave for 24 hours.
- After a day we extract lemon soap from scratch from the mold, the recipe of which is very simple. The soap, though dried out, still “breathes”. It can be cut into pieces 2-2.5 cm wide, wrap and leave to ripen for a couple of weeks.
Lemon soap do it yourself
Lemon soap, photos of which are already attracted by color, thanks to a balanced selection of oils and a bright lemon aroma, will raise the mood in the morning and after work. The lemon soap made according to this recipe is also suitable for the face. Olive oil will nourish and soften the skin. Palm and coconut oils will make soap foamy, while cleansing lemon soap will be moderately consumed, and provide anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effect.
For the ideas of lemon soap and photo thanks: http://www.aromasoap.com.ua/vsyo-dlya-mylovareniya.html, http://www.mama-mila.ru/