Lavender soap with your own hands is one of the popular recipes, because the aroma of lavender at the same time fills the bathroom with an enchanting aroma, gives strength and refreshes, and its purple color just pleases the eye. For those who are just starting their journey in soap making from scratch, this recipe will become an assistant. It is simple, with a small number of ingredients, besides, the properties are perfectly balanced.
Before preparing the soap, prepare protective clothing, glasses, a mask, because you will work with alkali. The room should be well ventilated, and animals and children should not enter the kitchen. Next, prepare all the ingredients. Put on the table everything you might need, including a recipe.
The recipe for lavender soap from scratch in a cool way with your own hands:
- Castor oil 8% – 26.7 g
- Coconut oil 26% – 88.9 g
- Olive oil 31% – 106.7 g
- Palm oil 35% – 118.2 g
- Water – 112 g
- Alkali – 47.3 gr
- Purple dye
- Lavender Flavor
All the ingredients bought in the online store aromasoap.com.ua
After you measure all the ingredients and prepare your work surface, you can start making lavender soap from scratch. Remember, all dishes for soap should be separate and not used in the future for cooking.
How to make lavender soap from scratch in a cold way
- Pre-cool the water in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Measure out all the oils, put in a separate heat-resistant dish and melt in a water bath. After the oils have completely dissolved, put them to cool. Their temperature should be 50-55 degrees Celsius while mixing with alkali. The oils cool down more slowly than alkali, therefore it is better to start immediately with the dissolving of the oils.
- In a container with cold water (I have a sink in the kitchen) put a glass in which you will dilute the alkali, pour the right amount of water into it. In a glass of water, begin to gradually pour alkali. Slowly mix until complete dissolution of the alkali. Leave the solution to cool to a temperature of 50-55 degrees Celsius.
- When the oil and alkali have reached the same temperature, the difference can be 5 degrees, slowly pour the alkali into the oil through the sitchko. Then mix the mass with a spoon.
- Beat the soapy mass to obtain an average trace. There is still no trace on the photo.
- After obtaining the trace, add the necessary amount of dye, mix thoroughly until a uniform color is obtained. The photo shows a trace in the soap from scratch.
- Lastly add a perfume. Odorants often affect the sharp enhancement of the trail, and the soap will begin to harden quickly, as I did. In order that you would not have occurred unforeseen situations, try the reaction of soap on the perfume in a spoon or small container.
- As the soap began to harden, I quickly began to lay it out in a mold, tamp it with a spoon, and tap on the table shape.
- Then she decorated the lavender with dried flowers and put them in the refrigerator, covering them with food wrap so that the gel would not pass in the soap.
- After a day, I took the soap out of the mold and cut it into pieces. She put the pieces of soap in the box and set it to mature for 3 weeks.
Lavender soap from scratch in a cold way can also be prepared with a fragrance, but with lavender essential oil. The aroma is not so persistent, but the benefits will be incomparably greater. Whatever fragrance is not weakened during aging, in such cases in the box I put a cotton wool soaked in the corresponding essential oil.