As lovers of natural cosmetics, made with our own hands, we could not but share the miraculous natural hair mask, which would require only three ingredients: henna, egg yolk and kefir.
Natural henna has not been used in cosmetics for hair for a century, giving it a natural shine, improving the structure of each hair and strengthening the roots. Henna, as if filling all micro cracks and living cells of hair with its coloring pigment, thereby giving them volume. In addition, henna prevents dandruff, which is also relevant.
As part of this nutritional mask, we used Iranian henna, which is famous for its golden tint on the hair of brown-haired women and brunettes. Blondes do not like this henna, because they will paint a bright red color, and even with a green tint, in this recipe for blond hair, Iranian henna is replaced with colorless henna.
Kefir, which is part of our mask, contains a lot of the most useful vitamins and nutrients. Here are all the B vitamins, vitamin A and C, vitamin PP, as well as trace elements: magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and iodine. All this vitamin bouquet will make your hair strong, improve the structure and give a healthy look.
Well, and finally, egg yolk in hair masks is a favorite, thanks to which your hair after the mask will be smooth, silky, shiny and easily combed. All this is due to the supply of vitamins and nutrients in the yolk of chicken eggs, including vitamin A, E, B, as well as iron, calcium, manganese and zinc.
Mask to strengthen hair at home
For the mask we need:
- henna sachet 25 g (for medium length hair);
- chicken egg yolk;
- kefir – 150-200 g;
- non metal bowl for mixing all ingredients;
- mask brush;
- disposable gloves;
- plastic shower cap, or small bag;
- dark towel, wrap hair (henna colors fabric).
Recipe for firming hair mask
- Pour henna into non-metallic dishes with a capacity of at least 400-500 grams.
- In a separate bowl, break the egg at room temperature and separate the yolk from the protein.
- We will need kefir at room temperature, so it can be put in a deep dish with hot water, or heated at low power in a microwave.
- Pierce the yolk and whip a little, and then pour the yolk into the bowl with henna and mix.
- Warm kefir is gradually added to the mixture of henna and yolk and thoroughly knead, whatever remains lumps.
- The resulting consistency of medium thick sour cream is a great hair mask with henna, yolk and kefir.
- We put on gloves and start applying the mask, starting from the roots, painting the hair along the entire length, thanks to the yolk the mask will be pleasant to lather on the hair.
- We put a shower hat or a plastic bag on the hair and warm them with a towel.
- We leave the mask for at least an hour, and you can hold it longer, then the effect of painting will be stronger.
- After a certain time, it is necessary to wash off the mask with warm water without shampoo and blot the hair dry with a dark towel, so the light one will surely turn the color of henna.
- You can repeat the procedure once a week for a long time, the effect of this will only be better.
Home masks for hair pros and cons:
Advantages of kefir mask with henna and yolk in its low cost and availability of components. All products can be bought in one supermarket in different departments.
The drawbacks of masks with henna, maybe in a specific herbal smell, which will remain on the hair until the next hair wash, although some even smell this smell.
Important! If you recently visited a hairdresser and dyed your hair, it is better to consult with your master about the possibility or non-possibility of undesirable reactions on the hair from a mask with henna.
The benefits of a mask with henna, yolk and kefir are obvious – it’s just a vitamin cocktail, for which your hair will thank you with a healthy look in front of your friends’ admiring glance.
And for lovers of natural cosmetics, here are some more recipes for organic face masks.