Milk soap is best cooked from scratch and in a cold way, so that the soap does not overheat. Milk should be added to the soap from the base; ordinary milk will quickly deteriorate in the soap from the base, giving a not pleasant aroma. If you have some experience in making soap from scratch, as you must follow some rules in creating soap from milk with your own hands.
Milk in soap from scratch must be added during the introduction of alkali, but as you know, alkali reacts and can turn off the protein, and this will spoil the soap, it will smell unpleasant, besides, it will not give the desired properties of soap. So first read the following rules how to make milk soap:
- Be sure to freeze the milk in the form of ice to the cubes.
- The container in which you will make an alkaline solution in milk, place in a container with ice or very cold water, this will additionally cool the container.
- When you start adding alkali to milk, add it in small grains, mix immediately and add again.
- The temperature of the alkaline solution should not exceed 30 degrees Celsius.
- To make milk soap better in portioned forms, and not for cutting, soap should not go through the gel stage, but it will strongly strive for this.
- Forms before displaying, hold in the freezer.
- After pouring, put the soap in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
Milk soap recipe
- 60 gr. – coconut oil (38%)
- 20 gr. – Cocoa Butter (13%)
- 60 gr. – olive oil (38%)
- 20 gr. – flaxseed oil (13%)
- 22.82 g – sodium alkali
- 52.8 g – milk
- 5 ml. honey flavors with milk
To make soap with milk from scratch:
- Freeze the milk and begin to enter the alkali in the grains as indicated above.
- Mix all the oils in one heat-resistant container and melt them in a water bath, bringing them to a homogeneous state.
- Cool the oil to 30-35 degrees and start gradually pouring the alkaline solution into the oil. Stir from the smallest speed.
- The trace in this soap comes very quickly, and therefore as soon as you see the first signs of the trace, pour in the perfume, stir a little more and immediately pour into the forms and put in the freezer for 10 minutes, and then rearrange in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Soap from scratch from milk will harden quickly, the next day you can get out of shape and leave to ripen for 3-6 weeks. Foam at this soap turns out gentle, but plentiful. The skin after this milk soap seems to be further moisturized. For additional healing properties, instead of regular cow’s milk you can make soap on goat’s milk.