Classical Castilian soap, invented several centuries ago, we will prepare today with an accelerated method and get Castilian soap from scratch in a hot way. This completely natural soap, according to the original recipe, will contain olive oil, alkali and water. The process of maturation of such soap is accelerated by heating in a water bath or in the oven a whipped oil-alkaline mass with the subsequent passage of the gel stage.
Castilian Soap Recipe
Soap recipes should always be at hand, so it is more convenient to check whether everything is done, so it is better to write out or print out the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
For making soap you will need: scales, measuring dishes, an alkaline solution strainer, dishes for a water bath, spoons with long handles, a mixer, a thermometer, a pH meter, or litmus paper, protective equipment (glasses, gloves, a respirator), ingredients, and form for soap.
Ingredients for handmade soap:
- 200 g – olive oil
- 95.2 g – ice water (ice)
- 23.7 g – alkali NaOH
Castile soap from scratch:
- We release the work space from unnecessary objects, open the window for ventilation, prepare all the necessary tools and ingredients, put on gloves, cover the face with a respirator, eye with glasses and close the door from outsiders.
- Pre-frozen water is weighed in the desired volume of glass.
- Separately weigh the alkali.
- Prepare the alkaline solution, for this purpose, with the most accurate movements, inject the alkali into the ice. Beginners, do not worry, a chemical reaction will begin with the release of heat. Therefore, for a while we leave the alkaline solution to cool it a little.
- We measure off olive oil and pour it into bulk dishes.
- When the temperature of the alkaline solution will differ from the temperature of the olive oil only within 10 ° C (measured with a thermometer), we introduce the solution, filtering it through the sieve into the oil (not vice versa).
- First mix the oil and alkaline solution with a spoon, and then connect the mixer.
- Beat up the mass until a track follows the mixer – this is called a stable track. After a minute, check again for a trace. Due to the large amount of olive oil, the mass can again exfoliate, do not worry, you just need to dozdzbivat it, and again check on the trail.
- Castilian soap, brought to a trace, is sent to a water bath under a lid, to accelerate the passage of the gel stage, and therefore to accelerate the maturation process. Periodically open the lid and mix the soap mass thoroughly, adding some water if necessary.
- In the process, it is necessary to check whether all the alkali has gone and whether the soap is stinging. Some professionals check the soap on the tongue, if you tweak, then cook. You can check pH meter or stripes of litmus paper, pH≈8.
- After several hours, we achieve the gel stage, remove the soap from the water bath.
- We shift the Castilian soap from scratch in a hot way into the molds and tap well from all sides.
- Leave the soap to freeze in the form of several hours to days.
- We take the dried-up soap out of the molds and, if necessary, cut it into smaller sticks.
Preparation of handmade soap:
The recipe of Castilian soap, proposed by us, allows you to make soap, which can be used immediately after setting. However, over time, this soap becomes only more noble. In the absence of dyes and fragrances, the soap is completely hypoallergenic, it is perfectly washed and even suitable for children.
How to make a new Castilian soap
Sometimes over time, it seems to us that the brewed piece of soap is not as good as we would like. Or, for example, I want to make soap with additives from an already existing bar. The Castilian soap described above has a simple recipe that does not contain any auxiliary components, whether it is color or flavor. Therefore, once boiled such a soap can easily digest again, ennobled it. You can digest and unsuccessful Castilian soap, when something did not work out with color, aroma evaporated, etc., we advise you to collect all the remnants and remnants of the old and make a new one.
How to make a new one from old Castilian soap? Perhaps even easier than making the most Castilian soap from scratch. In this case, do not have to work with alkali. The alkaline reaction took place at the gel stage in the production of soap.
So, there are pieces of unsuccessful Castilian soap and his own remnant.
Step-by-step instructions for making soap:
- We weigh all Castilian soap, (to understand the number of input components and the size of the mold), this is our soap base.
- Three all grated soap.
- We send soap chips to heat in a water bath, adding ≈10% of liquid (water, chamomile decoction, milk, etc.).
- Constantly stirring, bring the soap to a homogeneous mass. Add liquid if necessary.
- For better melting, you can add honey, sugar or sorbitol, diluted in water.
- Optionally, you can add baking, in the form of selected oils.
- Well-melted Castilian soap can be enriched with everything your heart desires. You can divide the entire volume into several parts and add different dyes to each one, and then pour the multi-colored soap in layers. Dried flowers or scrubbing particles can be added to a homogeneous, non-solidified Castilian soap. This kind of soap from Castilian can enjoy your favorite scent, thanks to fragrances and essential oils.
- Saturated with selected components of Castilian soap, we shift it to a suitable-sized form, tapping from all sides of the accumulated bubbles of air.
- We leave the “rest” soap for several hours in the form.
- Remove the frozen soap from the form on a cotton towel, and leave to lie a little, for the disappearance of excess fat and moisture.
Castilian soap do it yourself:
As a result, from an old, not attractive piece of soap, a completely new Castilian soap with properties, colors and aromas acquired during the manufacturing process is obtained, as planned.