What is the best way to celebrate spring? Of course, to cook a wonderful chamomile soap from scratch in a cold way!
You will need:
For floral inserts
- 3 molds “Chamomile”
- 80 grams – coconut oil (25%)
- 94 grams of olive oil (30%)
- 80 grams – palm oil (25%)
- 62 grams – sunflower oil (20%)
- 46 grams – alkali
- 102 grams – distilled water
- Titanium dioxide
For the base (3%)
- Large rectangular shape
- 227 grams – coconut oil (25%)
- 272 grams of olive oil (30%)
- 227 grams – palm oil (25%)
- 181 grams – sunflower oil (20%)
- 131 grams – alkali
- 300 grams – water
- 71 grams – essential oil of sunflower
- Yellow pigment
- Titanium dioxide
Immediately prepare mortgages daisies that you will invest in soap (3-4 days). Then be sure to prepare your workplace, prepare soap in a well-ventilated area.
Prepare dyes. In this case, it is necessary to grind titanium dioxide with sunflower oil; for this recipe, 2 teaspoons of titanium dioxide will be sufficient to rub with 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil. These preparations will help to achieve a uniform color of daisies.
A step-by-step recipe for making chamomile soap from scratch in a cold way:
Preparation of mortgage daisies
- Slowly and carefully add the alkali to the pre-cooled water, stirring constantly until completely dissolved. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Mix coconut, palm, olive and sunflower oil and melt all the oils completely, bring them to a uniform consistency. Cool the lye and oils to 50-55 degrees and add lye to the oils. Mix the resulting mixture to a fine trace. If you want your soap to freeze more quickly, add 1 teaspoon of sodium lactate per 450 grams of oil, for camomiles, ½ teaspoon is enough.
- Add dissolved titanium dioxide in the soap and mix well. If a light trace is still visible in the soap, increase the speed of the blender until the middle trace is obtained. Pour the mixture into the molds for chamomiles and set them so that they do not turn them over.
- After three days, see if you can easily remove your soap from the mold, if not, leave it for another 1-2 days until it is completely set. After removing the soap from the mold, trim it along the length of your rectangular shape for the base and set the mortgages aside. Soap can be made on the same day, if it takes 1-2 days after removing this soap from the mold, it is not scary.
Preparation of the main soap
To begin, prepare the dyes. To give titanium dioxide an even, uniform color, mix 1 teaspoon of titanium dioxide with 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil, then in a separate bowl, mix ½ teaspoon of yellow pigment with ½ teaspoon of sunflower oil in a separate bowl.
- Slowly and gently mix the alkali and water, pouring the alkali into the cooled water. Stir until the alkali is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the oils and dissolve them completely to get a homogeneous mixture. When the oils and alkali have cooled to 50-55 degrees, add the alkali to the oils and mix until a thin trace is obtained. If you want soap to harden faster, add 2 teaspoons of sodium lactate to the mixture.
- Add dissolved titanium dioxide and yellow pigment to the soap mixture. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add sunflower essential oil and mix the soap thoroughly.
- Used essential oil accelerates the appearance of the trace, which is beneficial for this soap. It is necessary to pour the soap into the form when it reaches the middle wake, as in the photo below.
- Pour some soap into the mold, so that it closes the bottom, it will become a pillow for placing the first mortgage.
- Place the first mortgage closer to one of the edges, then gently fill the mold with soap until the half of the mold is filled.
- Put the next mortgage on the soap closer to one of the edges of the form and press down a little, whatever the chamomile slips off, and pour the base soap almost to the edge.
- Place the last mortgage in the form to the opposite side, press down a little. Pour the remaining soap into the form and knock it a little on the table to remove all possible bubbles. Spoon give the top a beautiful texture.
- On the opposite side of the last mortgage, insert the soap daisies into slices in the soap, as shown in the photo below. To avoid soda ash, you can sprinkle soap with isopropyl alcohol.
- Do not warm the soap additionally; it should remain at room temperature.
Look periodically at the soap for the first 3-4 hours to make sure that it does not start to crack, if you see that the cracks in the soap have gone, put the soap in the fridge to avoid deeper cracks. After 2-3 days you can get the soap and cut it into pieces. Let the soap rest for 4-6 weeks before use. Soap get fragrant, soothing and moisturizing the skin.
The recipe is taken and transferred from the site: https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/daisy-cold-process-soap-tutorial/