In this master class we will understand what salt soap is, what are its features, what is it used for and how to use such a cosmetic. Soap with salt cooked from scratch in a cold way usually consists of 50% of cooking, sea or any other salt. The remaining 50% are oils that are responsible for soaping, creaminess of soap and for cleansing and softening properties. Salt will make the soap very dense, which means that it will be consumed more slowly. This soap is more suitable for problem and oily skin. Also, its use is important as a means for washing hair, which gives shine to curls and fights dandruff.
Making soap and salt should follow the mandatory recommendation: salt is added at the last moment, because It provokes instant soap freezing. This rule works when salt soap is made from the base, salt soap from the baby (by re-melting it), as well as soap made from scratch XC. According to the numerous recommendations of experienced soap-bots, it is not recommended to prepare salty soap from scratch in a hot way. We take advice and focus on the manufacture of XC salt soap.
Recipe for salt soap from scratch in a cold way
We represent soap from scratch, the master class and recipe of which is not expensive, and is basic, because it is not heavy with auxiliary components, aromas and shades. Soap from scratch, the recipe of which we consider, will take much longer than soap from the soap base, but the result is worth it. At your own discretion, you can add your favorite smells and impressive colors to the recipe.
- 30.36 g – alkali NaOH
- 66 g – water (ice)
- 120 g – coconut oil
- 60 g – olive oil
- 20 g – castor oil
- 20 g – peach seed oil (abraded)
- 10 g – almond seed oil (abraded)
- 200 g – finely ground salt
Salt soap recipe
- Prepare the workspace: open the window, place all the ingredients, recipe, tools and accessories (pots, scales, measuring glasses, thermometer, mixer, spoons, stirring sticks, strainer, soap molds, etc.) in the place accessible to you, we put on goggles, a respirator, gloves and we close a door from pets.
- We measure the oils on the scales and send them to drown in a water bath or in a microwave oven; leave the heated oils to cool down to a temperature in the range of 30-40 degrees Celsius.
- Weigh alkali and ice water separately.
- Carefully introduce the alkali into the water, not vice versa.
- Using a thermometer, we measure the temperature of the alkaline solution and oils, with a difference of less than 10 degrees Celsius, we pour the alkali into oils, filtering through a sieve and mixing well.
- We lower the immersion mixer in a solution of alkali with oils and begin to beat until an average trace appears, adding over the top.
- If there is a desire to color the soap and add flavor, then a dye is added to the pre-crushed salt, a few drops of essential oil and mixed well.
- Now we act quickly, we introduce 200 grams of finely ground salt, knead and pour into forms, without adding a little to the edges. The molds should be “ready”, always at hand, as with salt the soap freezes instantly. Handmade salt soap is more convenient to pour into small forms.
- We put molds with a soap mass for 2-3 hours in an oven at a temperature of 60-70 degrees Celsius. Try not to let the temperature rise higher, because salt soap can “escape” in a cold way, for this we filled the molds without pouring it to the brim.
- Leave to cool in personal tins. In view of the fact that the forms were put in the oven, this soap is also called salt soap from scratch in a hot or semi-hot way. However, if you just put the soap mass after mixing with salt in a warm place, then the gel stage may not occur.
- If you poured into a large form for cutting, then after passing through the gel stage, you need to try to cut the soap, which is still warm, with a string or a very sharp knife. If this is not done, the soap will then crumble when sliced, it is practically impossible to cut it.
Handmade Salt Soap
The resulting salt soap has bactericidal and anti-cellulite properties, it foams well, soaps and awakens every skin cell. This soap makes the skin velvety, stimulates the restoration of the epidermis, tightens pores, removes toxins. It is not replaceable from acne and ideal salt bath soap. This cosmetic product has also found application for hair, for the face, for the body and for the legs, providing a cleansing, healing and scrubbing effect. That is why salt soap reviews for the manufacture and use is mostly positive. Well, if in our recipe to take coarse salt, then instead of gentle smooth soap, you get salt soap scrub, exfoliating and gently caring for the skin.
Other soap recipes from scratch