Great shampoo for dry hair. This is a solid hair shampoo you can do with your own hands from scratch in a hot way. Creates plentiful foam, it is easy to wash, and what is most important – does not make the hair heavy and does not make them fat.
Shampoo soap from scratch with coconut oil
- 935 grams – coconut oil
- 355 grams – water
- 150 grams – alkali
- 14-28 grams – essential oils (your choice)
Set for making shampoo do-it-yourself:
- pan for cooking soap (enamelled or heat-resistant glass, there are also special saucepans-pressure cookers made of ceramics)
- hand blender
- kitchen scales
- glass measuring cups
- glass bowl
- spoon with a long handle (if you have a wooden spoon, do not use it for anything other than soap making)
- prepare, just in case, a bowl of vinegar and water to immediately wipe the point of contact with alkali
- appropriate clothing is a long-sleeved shirt, rubber gloves, goggles or a special mask, a disposable mask to protect the respiratory tract.
- suitable soap mold
- parchment paper (optional)
Recipe for coconut shampoo soap from scratch:
- Weigh all the ingredients, arrange them in separate containers.
- Add to the pan in which you will cook the coconut oil soap and melt it in a water bath.
- In a medium-sized glass or ceramic dish, pour in immediately cooled water, and then gently pour alkali into the water, stirring.
In the process of mixing water with alkali, vapors will be released, which are very harmful to the body, so do this procedure in a well-ventilated room and always in a protective mask.
- Alkali when added to the water emits a lot of heat, so be careful. The dishes in which you mix these ingredients will heat up. Allow to cool dilute alkali.
- Bring the oil and alkali to the same temperature and pour the lye very carefully into the oil, stirring constantly. Do not splash.
- Using a blender, start mixing this mixture at low speed until a “trace” appears. You will see how it appears, it looks like in the photo below:
- Next, in a water bath or in the oven or in your pressure cooker (depending on what kind of dishes you have chosen), start cooking the soap with the lid closed on low heat (power). This process takes from 45 minutes to 1 hour. At this time, the oil will rise up the wave around the edges and then descend, becoming a single mass.
- Boil the soap to readiness. How to understand that shampoo from scratch is hot ready? First, in the middle of the pan there should be no oil trail in the center. Second, be sure to take a PH-strip that tests the acidity of the medium. Immerse the strip in the soap, if it is within 7-10, the soap is ready. If more – keep cooking until this indicator.
It is very important that all the alkali react with the oils, otherwise the soap will burn the skin.
- If everything is fine, add the chosen essential oils to the slightly cooled mass and mix thoroughly.
- Put the soap in the form with a spoon.
- Usually, soap from the ground up in a hot way is given about 24 hours to harden before cutting. However, coconut soap through this time will be too hard, so watch your hard shampoo and as soon as it cools and hardens, cut into pieces for storage, in a well ventilated place, allow 2-3 weeks for it to mature.
Shampoo do it yourself from scratch
As a result, you get a great shampoo soap that will take care of your hair. This is a white soap with the aroma of those essential oils that you have chosen. It is stored for about one year in a dry dark place. Wrap it in cling film for better storage. It perfectly foams and softens the skin, and gives hair shine and nourishes them. Very useful for dry hair.
Similar shampoo recipes:
Shampoo at home