DIY gift wrapping is a wonderful way to present handmade soaps, bath bombs, sea salt saturated with your favorite aroma oils, etc. The materials used for the baskets are varied, this results in various forms and types of packaging made from natural materials or paper:
- baskets of birch bark
- baskets of wicker
- felt baskets
- newspaper tube baskets
- Corrugated cardboard bow
We offer a simple master class basket of corrugated cardboard as an idea for gift wrapping with your own hands. The basket pattern is so simple that even a child can handle such work.
How to make a basket for a gift
- A leaf of a corrugated cardboard of beige color.
- Corrugated leaf brown.
- Glue or double sided tape (optional)
DIY gift wrap template
- From a beige cardboard cut off a rectangle with a size of 20 cm × 7 cm, so that the strips of goforokarton would be located along the blank.
- We turn over the remaining beige leaf and cut a rectangle across the corrugated cardboard strips; this is the future handle of the bast basket, the size of which is 20 cm × 2.5 cm. With this arrangement of the pattern, the handle will gently bend without extra creases.
- From a brown corrugated cardboard cut a rectangle measuring 20cm × 3cm.
- Three small blanks for the basket are ready, it remains to cut them into small strips.
- Handle for a bast basket is already a finished item.
- We take a beige corrugated cardboard and cut it into 7 strips, 1 cm wide.
- Brown corrugated cardboard cut into 6 long strips, 1 cm wide, and then each cut in half. Five brown strips 10cm × 1cm are used in weaving a basket, and the sixth is cut in half as a handle decor in the last stage.
- We begin to collect a basket, for this we take two long beige stripes and put them face down in parallel, at a distance of 10 cm from each other.
- Exactly in the center we apply a brown strip face up and staple brown and beige corrugated cardboard with a stapler.
- We do the same with the remaining four brown stripes, securing them from each other at a distance of 0.5-0.7 cm.
- At the next stage we begin to weave light-brown corrugated cardboard, not forgetting to lower the strips face down. First weave the central striped.
- Next, we interweave all the other blanks, alternating weaving up and down.
- The result is a wicker blank bag made of cardboard, this is the bottom and side of the basket.
- Align all the stripes in one line.
- With our hands we will give a rounded shape, as shown in the photo of the blank for the basket.
- Using the ruler strip we will form the sides of the corrugated cardboard basket in a fast way.
- Make a bend on both sides, there is a clear preparation of the basket.
- With a large stapler, we fasten the tips of the sides with one push. If the stapler is small, pair the strips in pairs with several clips.
19. It remains to attach the handle to the basket, we will also do this with a stapler, and we will decorate the brackets with a small piece of brown corrugated cardboard, gluing it with glue or double-sided tape.
20. Bast basket for gifts with their own hands ready.
Packaging for handmade gifts
Fast and simple cardboard basket requires little money and time. The useful area of our bast basket is 10cm × 8cm along the bottom, which allows you to place a medium-sized gift. The strong design will sustain 100-200 gram gift. Our little basket is in eco style, in the colors of natural wood, but the cardboard can be colored, or soft white. Imagine, and we will try to present you new packaging ideas for soap and cosmetics with your own hands.
Gift wrapping ideas for do-it-yourself gifts:
Wrapping for Valentine’s Day Gift
Soap Dessert Packaging
Wrapping for a small gift
Monkey handbag packaging
Pumpkin Bag for Gifts